Bharatanatyam is the classical dance of Tamilnadu which originated in the temples. It involves body discipline, dedication and above all, perseverance. Years of rigorous practice go into making a professional Bharatanatyam dancer.
Devs Music Bharatanatyam Course gradually progresses a student from Basic level to Intermediate Level to Advanced Level, while keeping strong emphasis on both Theory and Practicals, so a student understands the deeper meaning of the various dance postures and steps.
Course Duration: 6 Years (Six Years)
Course Fees: Rs 4500 /- Per Year
THEORY OF BHARATHANATYAM - I
- Importance of Dance as one of the Arts - Value of Dance - Fundamentals
Technical Term : Natya, Nritta, Nritya, Abhinaya
- Adavu, Korvai, Jati, Teermanam, Solkattu, Nattuvangam, Panja Jaathi,
Panja Nadai, Gati
- Samyuta, Asamyuta Hastas - Devata Hastas - Jaathiya Hastas, Bhandhava
Hastas - Navagraha Hastas - Dasavathara Hastas – Ashtadikbalas
- Siro Bhedas - Griva Bhedas - Dhrishti Bhedas - Pada Bhedas – Viniyogas
- Definition - Abhinayam 4 kinds - Dharmis 2 kinds - Viruttis 4 kinds
PRACTICAL BHARATHANATYAM - I
- Alarippu (Thisram) - 1
- Kavuthuvam - 1
THEORY OF MUSIC (WRITTEN)
Greatness of Music - Technical Terms Svara, Sruti, Nadam, Graha, Avarta,
Arohana, Avarohana, Aksharakala, Sthayi.
Raga - 72 Mela Scheme - Classification of Janya - Ragas into Upanga,
Bhashanga, Vakra, Varja Ragas.
- Tala : Shadangas - 35 Tala Scheme
- General Classification of Musical Instruments.
MUSIC PRACTICAL - I
- Sarali Varisai, Janta Varisai, Melsthayi Varisai , Dhatu Varisai, Sapta Tala, Alankaras Gitam - 3 (in different ragas) Jatisvaram - 1
HISTORY OF BHARATHANATYAM - I
Dance heritage of Temple Dances - Chinna Melam - Sathir Koothu -
- Royal patronage to Dance from Pallava, Chera, Chola, Pandiya period.
Expression of Dance through sculpture, Painting in the temples of Tanjore,
Chidambaram, Kumbakonam and Dharasuram.
Styles of Bharathanatyam (Pandanallur, Vazhuvoor, Tanjore) and changes
in the contemporary scene.
THEORY OF BHARATHANATYAM - II
- Lasyam - Thandavam - detailed study
Definition of Bhava, Navarasa and Sthayi Bhava and Dasavathara Hastas -
Types of eight Nayagis and four Nayagas.
- Concept of the ideal theatre of Bharathanatya Shastra I and II Chapters.
Lakshana of the following Bharathanatyam item:
PRACTICAL BHARATHANATYAM - II
- Jatiswaram (simple) – 1, Sabdam – 1, Padam - 1 (Tamil), Keerthanai - 1
- Handling of adavus and compositions with Tattukazhi.
THEORY OF MUSIC - II
- Musical Prosody - Rules pertaining to musical composition.
Construction and Techniques of playing of the following instruments :
Characteristic features of the following musical forms:
HISTORY OF BHARATHANATYAM - II
Place of Bharathanatyam in the cultural life of India - Bharathanatyam and
- Study of Bharatha's Natya Shastra - Study of Origin of Dance, Natya Krama, Pathra Prana, Rangadhi Devatha Sthuthi, Pushpanjali, Kinkini Lakshana in Abhinaya Dharpanam.
- Accompaniments used in Dance concerts then and now.
PRACTICAL BHARATHANATYAM - III
- Samyuta - Asamyuta Hastas - Viniyogas. Chari Sthanaka Mandala Uthplavanam Bramari Gati
PRACTICAL BHARATHANATYAM - III
Samyuta - Asamyuta Hastas - Viniyogas. Chari Sthanaka Mandala Uthplavanam Bramari Gati
THEORY OF BHARATHANATYAM - III
- Ritualistic dance - Araiyar Sevai - Navasandhi Kavuthuvam
Orchestra - Sound -Lighting - Drops - Make-up - Ornaments - Costumes
in Bharathanatyam then and now.
Magazines - Mass Media - Radio, Television, Video in the development
and propagation of Dance.
Dance forms :
PRACTICAL BHARATHANATYAM - IV
1. Padam (Tamil) - 2
2. Svarajathi - 1
3. Keerthanai - 1
4. Thillana - 1
HISTORY OF BHARATHANATYAM - III
- Evolution and structure of Kuravanji Natakas
- Forms found in Kuravanji Natakas
- Seats of Bharathanatyam - Tanjore, Chennai, Mysore
Study of Stage and Dance references in Silappadikaram (Arangetrukkathai,
CLASSICAL DANCES OF INDIA
- Bharatanatyam - A detailed Study
PRACTICAL BHARATHANATYAM - V
Practical Performance :
Every student should give a dance performance for a duration of 45 minutes
in the Examination with background music.
1. Handling of Tattukuchi
2. Recitation of Jatis with Talam
3. Handling of Talam for Adavus
4. Ability to create a Dance number for a given music
5. Ability to create a Dance number for a given Jati
Devs Music Academy offers a variety of music courses in Pune such as Guitar classes in Pune, Casio classes in Pune, Drums classes in Pune, Flute classes in Pune, Violin classes in Pune, Mouthorgan Classes in Pune, Mandolin classes in Pune, Tabla classes in Pune, Hindustani Classical Vocals Singing classes in Pune, Western Singing classes in Pune, Dance classes in Pune, Salsa classes in Pune, Acting classes in Pune, Saxophone classes in Pune, Drawing and Painting classes in Pune and some Professional courses such as DJ Mixing courses in Pune, Sound Engineering courses in Pune, Photography courses in Pune, Music Therapy courses and Music Management courses in Pune.
Devs Music has been teaching music since 1996.